Calories: 374. Protein: 21 g. Carbs: 42 g. Fat: 15 g.
This healthy meal prep idea is perfect for vegan bodybuilders, or any flexible dieters out there. I literally came up with this recipe by accident, but it is absolutely delicious. The main flavor profile comes from the dressing, which is a vinaigrette version of the sauce that I made for my Korean Bibimbap recipe. Go ahead and try this recipe if it fits your macros.
Ingredients for vinaigrette:
This recipe makes 10 portions
- 4 tbsp gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste)
- 1 large onion
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 packges of firm tofu (14 oz packages)
- 1 can black beans (strained)
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 2 bell peppers (use bright colors!)
- 12 cup corn starch
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Vegan Kimchi (If buying from store, make sure you use a version without fish sauce)
This recipe assumes that you have already made the rice. If not, cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
1. Start by making the
vinaigrette. Cut the onions into quarters.
2. Next throw the onions and the remaining vinaigrette ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend into a puree.
3. Pour into a jar and set aside.
4. Cut the tofu in half (length side).
5. Now cut width side into half inch thick pieces
6. Using a paper towel, patch each piece of tofu dry to prevent sticking when we pan-sear each piece.
7. Next pour cornstarch onto a plate.
8. Lightly coat each piece of tofu in corn starch. This process prevents the tofu from sticking onto the pan, and also adds a layer of crispy texture once cooked.
9. Pre-heat skillet to medium-high heat and add cooking oil.
10. In batches, pan-sear each tofu until brown (approximately 2-3 minutes)
11. Don’t forget to flip it and cook for another 2 minutes.
12. As you complete each batch, set it aside. Notice the color on the tofu once it gets pan-seared.
13. Once the tofu has been pan-seared, cut the bell peppers into slices.
14. Next, pre-heat the skillet to medium heat, add cooking oil and stir fry the bell peppers until soft.
15. Put cooked bell peppers onto a plate and set aside.
16. Now its time to assemble this recipe.
17. Start with the 1/3rd cup cooked brown rice, tofu, stir fried bell peppers and black beans.
18. Add some kimchi
19. Now pour on the dressing that we made earlier. This is the key ingredient that puts all of the flavors together.
20. And you are finished your meal prep. Enjoy!